Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jello Legs and Golden Plates


I don't understand the purpose of collector plates. I read a news story on the msnbc.com news headlines the other day and it said that the First Lady bought plates worth more than I will have any time soon, to leave in the White House. This just made me think: what the heck is the purpose behind plates? You can't use for anything other than decorative purposes and will cost you some serious moolah if it breaks! Sure, they can look nice, but honestly, is it worth it? And the weird decorative ones with people's faces on them... I didn't understand those even as a child when I would go over to baby-sitters houses's who had them up. Do you need Wizard of Oz plates? Wouldn't it be better to get a picture or something? I just don't see the point behind the decorative Obama plates that you must have on your walls. Rush-order! If you need to see his image every day that badly, buy a picture.

Anyway, we've had two earthquake's today! One about 8:30 a.m., then another one about a half-hour ago that was registered as 4.5-5.0! I will never get used to the feeling of an earthquake! They feel so un-natural! I feel like jello for a good 15 minutes afterward! I'm guessing I'm probably a strawberry flavor, but I haven't tested it. Yet.
http://www.yellowbrickroadonline.com/images/AL-HamiltonGlindaPortraitPlate.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Cool picture!! Do you think I should get a crown like that? And then I could wake you up in the morning by being all shimmery and tapping you with my wand.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting but, please don't. I think I'll stick with my farm animal alarm clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if I throw a little glitter around? That could be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... but then it might end up in someone's eyes... hmm... no. I'll stick with my duck.

    ReplyDelete