Friday, February 13, 2009

I Have a Green Thumb but My Plants are Dying Anyway

I was just eating sugary green candy powder in a bag, okay? No need to worry about the health of my thumb. But my plants are dying. You can worry about their health. Anyway, It's Valentine's Eve. I don't have a Valentine this year. Aww.. I know so sad. I'll write more about my sadness tommorrow. More of what sucks is that I went to the orthodontist today. Just to let you know,I hate Ortho appointments just like the majority of people with these modern day racks on their teeth. Today was just a 25 minute appointment. 20 minutes consisted of waiting in a tropically decorated waiting room, the last 5 were to actually fix the strips of metal glued to my choppers. It was pouring rain outside so the rain machines that frames the entrance wasn't making anyone feel like they were being transported to any rain forests or mystical islands. Just made everyone feel as though the rain was somehow following them, everywhere they went. You can never escape the freezing droplets of water! Just try! Hahaha ....okay, that was weird. This is why I shouldn't be left alone. Especially on Valentine's Eve. Anyway, to explain why I had to be dragged back there was because of the klutzy assistant I always seem to get. I'll sum up the last appointment for you:
- She poked me in the eye with a long platic tube that had been sucking up my spit hard enough that I started crying.
- I had a bracket with glue dropped onto my neck then was told "Don't move." Trust me. I didn't. Especially when they reached for it with really sharp tools...
- She left a very sharp metal peice on my bracket, then let me go. I really hate her for that. Let's just say that my lip has been bleeding.
So yeah... the bracket apprently lost some glue or somethin cause it didn't stay on. When they took a look at my teeth, the wonderful, non-klutzy assistant I had today informed me that I didn't need it at all anyway. The whole point of the appointment last time was to put that sucker there! Why the heck did they do that if I didn't need it! I look to one of my favorite movies for the answer:
"Doctors are sadists who like to watch lesser people scream." -Juno
Which I personally believe really describes dentists and or orthodontists if they are really any different more than doctors. Because doctors can help. Sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Never see the horror movie The Dentist.. or the movie Marathon Man.. you will have a new dislike for trips to the dentist..

    I don't do well with plants either even though I'm a little in awe of the process of photosynthesis..weird huh

    ReplyDelete